THE REPORT OF THE CO-CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES
IN DARAD ACADEMY TERM II
The co-curriculum activities in the school have been carried out in different areas and the following are the observations made:
- SONGS AND POEMS
Under the guidance of Ms. Mwanamisi Ganguma and Mr. Rongoma, the programmes have been carried out effectively. New songs and poems have been composed and are being recited by the pupils from various classes. Although some useful instruments were lacking we have mobilized the pupils and made some using the locally available materials.
- PAPER MACHE WORK
Under Mr. Justus and Jashon has also been carried out effectively. The pupils have generated a genuine interest as the products made are very attractive. One major challenge faced in their work is the lack of enough glue to stick the mached papers and colours for decorating the products made by the pupils.
- TALENT SHOWS
It was under the guidance of Mwanamisi Mtenzi have greatly interested pupils as the pupils find it amusing as they display their different talent i.e. body structure and walking styles and other interesting talents.
This is the area which has experienced great success as the pupils were grouped into two major categories i.e. class four and five on their own and class six to eight on their own. We have seen pupils improving in their communications skills, they have also shown great improvement in confidence building and in the coming days we shall conduct debate competitions with other schools. All teachers have cooperated well in their debate activities.
- GAMES AND SPORTS ACTIVITIES
- This is the most successful area where many pupils have shown keen interest in various games. Apart from the main upper primary football team, which conducts its practices on daily basis, there is also a soccer team constituted between class three and four. This is taken care of by Mr. Solomon. They hold a match every week between these classes. One major challenge facing the junior soccer team under Mr. Solomon is the lack of jersey materials such as T. shirts and shorts for playing.
- Volley ball has been the leading games loved by the girls and are very gratefully. The challenge in volley ball team is the lack of P.E kits for the trainer.
- Hand ball is also one of the games which have interested pupils. It is taken care of by Mr. Kassera who teaches them skills involved in the game. Although there are a few players in the hand ball game they lack playing materials such as the playing kits.
- Although the weather sometimes disrupts some of the out door games we have greatly done our best to impower the children.
- The theatre industry has embarked on its activities where by the drama members are practicing seriously on their play. Soon they will be performing on their new play entitled “THE VILLAGE PASTOR”. One challenge facing this industry is the lack of the costumes, however the pupils have volunteered in coming up with improvised costumes.
- The young farmers club has been continued with its tremendous performance on the farm as they have developed to become farmers at their young age. They plant and harvest almost after every two to three weeks under the guidance of Mr. George.
- Guidance and counseling which acts as the center of psychological development is successfully done. Being divided like the debates, the pupils are molded morally which helps greatly in academic performance.
- CURVING AND MODELING INDUSTRY
Curving has lots of things to celebrate. Their teacher Mr. Philip has worked tirelessly to improve the hand skills of the pupils. They have made beautiful cooking sticks and other house holds goods. Modeling industry has also seen great success in terms of developing the interest in pupils as they model different items under Mr. Joseph. The major problem facing the modeling industry is the lack of work space for the increasing number of pupils and the space to store the products. Some of the materials modeled have been spoiled by heavy rains due to the lack of storage space.
I suppose that if the small challenges facing various activities will be tackled, great success will be achieved and the goals of the school will be achieved.